A typical turnaround experiences the following materials management disorganization throughout the project:
- Disorganized and disjointed team
- Ineffective and reactive culture
- Team members are supplied by multiple contractors independent of each other
- Forward planning is minimal to non-existent
- Team members are untrained in duties and processes
Onpoint has developed a new approach to materials management by revolutionizing how our most important assets—people—integrate into and optimize the materials management process from start to finish.
Qualified and Trained Materials Management Team
In an ideal environment, each team member has a job description with detailed roles and responsibilities. These team members are experienced, understand their job duties and expectations, and are accountable to these standards. Lastly, team members are trained in optimal materials management processes and supporting software.
When all of these pieces come together, you will see a structure that embodies the following components:
- A single and holistic managed process
- One team and one manager all working toward the same goal
- A greater focus on materials planning in the FEL phase
- Material deliveries are scheduled ahead of time
- Personnel are trained in all phases and software utilization
- Greater focus on execution management control
Onpoint’s Materials Management Program creates this ideal organizational structure by providing a team trained in optimized materials management. All team members are qualified using Onpoint’s EQSP® process and are trained in Onpoint’s Materials Management Program process.
The organizational effectiveness of your personnel impacts the overall success of any project, and this is especially true when it comes to managing your TAR materials. Each component of Onpoint’s Materials Management Program has been designed to increase efficiency and maximize craft time, which positively impacts your project’s ability to come in On Time and On Budget. To learn more about engaging our Materials Management Program on your next turnaround or capital project, call 1-800-630-1347.